Saturday, January 30, 2016

Project R - Pt 4A

The last couple days have seen some better progress than recently.  I'm still struggling with the design parts for the cockpit, but the LRM launchers are finally formed and cast.  I'm happier with the way they came out than I thought I would be.  I was just going to go with a simple mating of the covers at one of the angles of the housing, but I really liked the "tooth" look of the drawing on MWO design, so I followed that, and pleasantly surprised myself.  The second image below shows one of the covers in place.  Clearly, I have a lot of cleanup to do in order to mate and finish the parts, but I'm liking it.

I plan to make missile inserts that will slide into the gaps of the launcher from 1mm sintra.. and that'll give the different LRM configurations (LRM20, LRM15, LRM10X2 and for the lower angle SRM6, SRM4 or 2 SSRM2.)






And this is a look at the pieces I've finished casting and have ready for cleanup and basic assembly.  Essentially, the arms, missile detail and torso parts are all that's left and then I can get into the fun of painting.







No comments: