Thursday, February 1, 2018

Ha'la'tha Resistance Fighter build - 6 Completed.

Once the main colors were down, it really was a matter of getting stuck in on the weathering.  For this, I stretched my skills again and decided to try using oil paints.  Yeah, I know, pretty much everyone uses them, but they are new to me so all the techniques are going to be learn-as-I go. 

I intentionally was going for a heavily weathered and worn look.  This aircraft is part of resistance forces and so is operated out of hidden bases with minimal maintenance available.  That's the look I'm going for- flight worthy, funcitonal but used.  The first thing I went for was the panel- line shading and I pretty much used the shading to hint at lines that weren't even there.  The feathering worked out better than I had hoped it would and I was content with the end result. 





After that, I just got stuck in on chipping, dusting and fading the colors.  Eventually, I got to where I wanted to go, and called it done.  I learned an incredible amount of things working this model, and I'm quite happy with what I was able to turn out.  There are many things I think I would like to do differently in later projects, but that is what learning is all about.  

So, the final product:  the GAS F/A-3 Medusa Attack aircraft. 










No comments: